The following rules apply to ICB centre based examinations. All centre based examinations are delivered by a third-party company called Pearson VUE on ICB's behalf.
If you have any questions regarding the rules hereunder, please call us on 0845 0602345. A copy of the rules will be available at the testing centre.
- The only item you may be permitted to take into the examination room is your calculator. The calculator must be non-programmable and not give print-outs.
- No personal items, including cellular phones, or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats, bags, coats, books and notes are allowed in the testing room. You must store all personal items in one of the lockers provided. Cell phones, pagers or other electronic devices must be turned off before storing them in a locker. The test centre is not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced personal items.
- The centre will give you materials for making notes throughout the examination.
- Before you enter the testing room, the test administrator will provide you with an erasable noteboard, a marker and any other items specified by the ICB. You may not remove these items from the testing room at any time during the examination, and you must return them to the test administrator after the examination.
- You may not write on the erasable noteboard until after the examination has been started. If you fill your noteboard during the examination, raise your hand and the administrator will bring you a new one.
- The administrator will log you in to your assigned workstation, verify that you are taking the intended examination and start the examination. Please remain in your assigned seat until escorted out by a Test Administrator. Eating, drinking, chewing gum, smoking and making noise that creates a disturbance for other candidates are prohibited during the examination.
- You understand that a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) may be presented to you before the examination and if so, you must agree to its terms and conditions within the specified time limit in order to take the examination or else you will forfeit your examination fees. The NDA confirms that you will not disclose any details about the examination questions to other candidates or individuals.
- To ensure a high level of security throughout your testing experience, you will be monitored at all times. Both audio and video will be recorded.
- If you need to take a break the examination timer will not be stopped. The administrator will set your workstation to the break mode, and you will take your ID with you when you leave the room. The administrator will check your ID before you return to your seat and will then restart your examination. You will either be fingerprinted or have your palm vein pattern captured when you leave the testing room and again before you re-enter the testing room. The administrator will restart the examination for you when you return.
- While you are taking a break, you are permitted to access personal items that you stored during the examination only if necessary—for example, if you need to take medication at a specific time. You are NOT allowed access to other items, including cellular phones, examination notes and study guides, unless the examination sponsor specifically permits this.
- If you experience hardware or software problems or distractions that affect your ability to take the examination, notify the administrator immediately by raising your hand. If you have other questions or concerns, raise your hand and the administrator will assist you as long as other candidates are not disturbed. The administrator cannot answer questions related to examination content.
- After you finish the examination, you may be asked to complete an optional, onscreen evaluation. After completing the examination or the evaluation, raise your hand. The administrator will come to your workstation and ensure your examination has ended properly. The ICB may display a score on the screen after the examination or may provide a printed score report or a confirmation that you completed the examination. If printed information is provided, you will receive it after returning the erasable noteboard and other materials to the administrator. Do not leave these items at your testing workstation. You will be either fingerprinted or have your palm vein pattern captured when you leave the testing room.
- You may not remove copies of examination questions and answers from the testing centre and may not share or discuss the questions or answers seen in your examination with other candidates.
- If you do not follow the above rules, if you tamper with the computer or if you are suspected of cheating, appropriate action will be taken. This may include invalidation of your examination results.
Your privacy: Your examination results will be encrypted and transmitted to Pearson VUE and the ICB. The test centre does not retain any information other than when and where your examination was taken.
Candidate Statement: By providing a digital signature, I give Pearson VUE my explicit consent to retain and transmit my personal data and test responses to Pearson VUE and to the ICB (either of which may be outside of the country in which I am testing).
I understand the information provided above and agree to follow the Rules. If I do not follow the Rules or I am suspected of cheating or tampering with the computer, this will be reported to Pearson VUE and the ICB, my examination may be invalidated, the sponsor may take other action such as decertifying me, and I will not be refunded my examination fee.