HMRC has announced the release of a new Starting your Business guide aimed specifically at farmers. The guide is based on HMRC's generic Starting your Business guide but HMRC has added farming industry imagery and case studies.
The online Starting your Business guide can be found on the Practice Licence page of the website under the link 'Keeping the Taxman Happy' and includes:
- an overview of tax, National Insurance contributions and VAT
- information on registering as self-employed
- guidance on keeping business records
- help with completing tax returns
- information on paying HMRC