The following rules apply to ICB centre-based assessments. All centre-based assessments are delivered by a third-party company, Pearson VUE, on ICB's behalf.
If you have any questions regarding the rules hereunder, please call ICB on 0203 405 4000. A copy of the rules will be available at the assessment centre.
- The only item you may be permitted to take into the assessment room is your calculator. This is at the assessment centre's discretion. The calculator must be non-programmable and not give print-outs.
- No personal items, including cellular phones, or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats, bags, coats, books and notes are allowed in the assessment room. You must store all personal items in one of the lockers provided. Cell phones, pagers or other electronic devices must be turned off before storing them in a locker. The assessment centre is not responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced personal items.
- The centre will give you materials for making notes throughout the assessment.
- Before you enter the assessment room, the assessment administrator will provide you with an erasable noteboard, a marker and any other items specified by ICB. You may not remove these items from the assessment room at any time during the assessment, and you must return them to the administrator after the assessment.
- You may not write on the erasable noteboard until after the assessment has been started. If you fill your noteboard during the assessment, raise your hand and the administrator will bring you a new one.
- The administrator will log you in to your assigned workstation, verify that you are taking the intended assessment and start the assessment. Please remain in your assigned seat until escorted out by a Test Administrator. Eating, drinking, chewing gum, smoking and making noise that creates a disturbance for other candidates are prohibited during the assessment.
- You understand that a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) may be presented to you before the assessment and if so, you must agree to its terms and conditions within the specified time limit in order to take the assessment or else you will forfeit your assessment fees. The NDA confirms that you will not disclose any details about the assessment questions to other candidates or individuals.
- To ensure a high level of security throughout your assessment experience, you will be monitored at all times. Both audio and video will be recorded.
- If you need to take a break the assessment timer will not be stopped. The administrator will set your workstation to the break mode, and you will take your ID with you when you leave the room. The administrator will check your ID before you return to your seat and will then restart your assessment. You will either be fingerprinted or have your palm vein pattern captured when you leave the assessment room and again before you re-enter the assessment room. The administrator will restart the assessment for you when you return.
- While you are taking a break, you are permitted to access personal items that you stored during the assessment only if necessary — for example, if you need to take medication at a specific time. You are NOT allowed access to other items, including cellular phones, assessment notes and study guides, unless the assessment sponsor specifically permits this.
- If you experience hardware or software problems or distractions that affect your ability to take the assessment, notify the administrator immediately by raising your hand. If you have other questions or concerns, raise your hand and the administrator will assist you as long as other candidates are not disturbed. The administrator cannot answer questions related to assessment content.
- After you finish the assessment, you may be asked to complete an optional, onscreen evaluation. After completing the assessment or the evaluation, raise your hand. The administrator will come to your workstation and ensure your assessment has ended properly. The ICB may display a score on the screen after the assessment or may provide a printed score report or a confirmation that you completed the assessment. If printed information is provided, you will receive it after returning the erasable noteboard and other materials to the administrator. Do not leave these items at your testing workstation. You will be either fingerprinted or have your palm vein pattern captured when you leave the assessment room.
- You may not remove copies of assessment questions and answers from the testing centre and may not share or discuss the questions or answers seen in your assessment with other candidates.
- If you do not follow the above rules, if you tamper with the computer or if you are suspected of cheating, appropriate action will be taken. This may include invalidation of your assessment results.
Your privacy: Your assessment results will be encrypted and transmitted to Pearson VUE and ICB. The assessment centre does not retain any information other than when and where your assessment was taken.
Candidate Statement: By providing a digital signature on the day, you give Pearson VUE explicit consent to retain and transmit your personal data and test responses to Pearson VUE and to ICB (either of which may be outside of the country in which you are testing).
If you do not follow the Rules or are suspected of cheating or tampering with the computer, this will be reported to Pearson VUE and ICB, your assessment may be invalidated, ICB may take other action such as decertifying me, and you will not be refunded the assessment fee.
Study globally recognised bookkeeping courses at home or in the classroom with our award winning training providers.
You can take an ICB assessment at any time of year. Find out how to apply online, by telephone, or through an Accredited Training Provider.
Browse the directory or post a job vacancy to find a fully qualified bookkeeper in your local area.
Keep yourself up to date with events that shape the bookkeeping world and the members' calendar.