First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

VAT on purchases from non-VAT registered outlets

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 29 posts
  • # 97952

Hi Everyone, i am just wondering if VAT is chargeable on purchases from non-VAT registered outlets? The purchases in question are normally standard rated goods

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 400 posts
  • # 97953

Hi Baffour

If the supplier your buying from is not vat registered then they cannot charge vat nor claim it.

Regards

Liz

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 29 posts
  • # 97955

Lizzie59said:

Hi Baffour

If the supplier your buying from is not vat registered then they cannot charge vat nor claim it.

Regards

Liz

Thanks Liz, very helpful

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 481 posts
  • # 97958

Armstrong said:

“Hi Everyone, i am just wondering if VAT is chargeable on purchases from non-VAT registered outlets? The purchases in question are normally standard rated goods”

Are you meaning Shop B (VAT Registered) buys from Shop A (not VAT Registered) then sells to Customer C.

If this is the case then Shop B has to add VAT on when they sell to Customer C.

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 29 posts
  • # 97972

Peasiesaid:

Armstrong said:

“Hi Everyone, i am just wondering if VAT is chargeable on purchases from non-VAT registered outlets? The purchases in question are normally standard rated goods”

Are you meaning Shop B (VAT Registered) buys from Shop A (not VAT Registered) then sells to Customer C.

If this is the case then Shop B has to add VAT on when they sell to Customer C.

I meant Shop B (VAT Registered) buys from Shop A (not VAT Registered) then uses the purchases in the course of production. What i want to know is when recording the purchases should I record them as Standard rated goods in which case VAT could be reclaimed but from Lizzie's answer think  it would be wrong to reclaim VAT when it was charged in the first place.

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 29 posts
  • # 97976

accounting-4said:

if you purchase goods from a company that is not Vat registered you cannot reclaim the Vat even if you are registered for Vat as the purchaser.

You would however charge the Vat when selling the goods on if you are Vat registered

Thanks very clear now

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner