First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Too old ?.

• 7 posts
  • # 103853

Hi all,

Just a quick question for you , Any help would be fantastic . I am 56yrs young no qualifications , getting interested in bookkeeping but want to know am I too old to take this up ?.

I am willing to put the hard work in ,and have a great interest in numbers, have asked around and keep getting conflicting answers so thought I would ask the Pro's.

Thanks for any help and please let me down nicely Smile

Mike

• 40 posts
  • # 103856

If your brain still works age has nothing to do with it. Its a matter of learning the rules and practising

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 98 posts
  • # 103858

Hi Mike

Your never too old, as long as you can learn - you can do it. I was in exactly the same situation as you but I did the courses, passed the exams and got my practice lience in 2011 (Im 65 years young now so was 61 at the time) So my advice to you is 'go for it' There is always plenty of advice and help on here from people all the way up the scale. So 'just do it' and good luck to you.

regards

CAP 

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 98 posts
  • # 103859

CAP said:

Hi Mike

Your never too old, as long as you can learn - you can do it. I was in exactly the same situation as you but I did the courses, passed the exams and got my practice licence in 2011 (Im 65 years young now so was 61 at the time) So my advice to you is 'go for it' There is always plenty of advice and help on here from people all the way up the scale. So 'just do it' and good luck to you.

regards

CAP 

• 7 posts
  • # 103866

Hi CAP
Thanks very much for the advice, great to know I have not left it to long. Got the will and the patience to push ahead with this ,just hitting walls everywhere i look , Trying to get a grant for learning , like trying to get blood out of you know what 😉.
Thanks again
Mike

• 7 posts
  • # 103867

Hi CAP
Thanks very much for the advice, great to know I have not left it to long. Got the will and the patience to push ahead with this ,just hitting walls everywhere i look , Trying to get a grant for learning , like trying to get blood out of you know what 😉.
Thanks again
Mike

• 7 posts
  • # 103868

Hi davidst
Cheers for the advice , I think my brain still works 😊.

• 61 posts
  • # 103877

I don't see a problem at 56. I've started last year and I'm 52. 

One of the reasons why I'm going for bookkeeping and getting the practice license is that it will allow me to do a bit of part time work when I retire to keep my brain active.

Go for it

kevin

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 98 posts
  • # 103878

Hi Mike,

I'm not too sure about funding, think that might be difficult to come by but if you go with one of the course providers, I'm sure you don't have to pay the fees all at once. Dont let it stop you - there are always ways 

good luck

CAP

• 7 posts
  • # 103879

No problems , I do not give up easily .
Thanks CAP

• 7 posts
  • # 103880

Hi Kevin
Thanks for the encouragement , exactly what I was thinking , also I enjoy numbers .
Cheers
Mike

• 257 posts
  • # 103881

Good Afternoon Mickey

It will be hard to get funding for an ICB course. Other people on this forum have recieved funding from job centres and reduced college fees for doing courses at their local Adult Education centre - These are usually based on IAB courses as they are aligned to all the QCF, NCF and NOS stuff. Basically, they are the same, with a Level 2 qualification you can become an Associate and get a practice licence with the IAB.

On the age front, I am 52 and started last Feb. I am finding it difficult to remember the very varied stuff on the old style Level 3 Manual Bookkeeping course as the sylabus (I think is vast). I am also just venturing into the realms of payroll.

Good Luck.

Trevor

• 7 posts
  • # 103882

Hi Trevor
Thanks for the info,this is helpful
Cheers
Mike

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner