First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Best Business Account for Sole Traders

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 109029

Hi All

just wondering who the best provider was for a Sole Trader Business Account. Having recently got my licence and a few clients, I want to set up a business account but being 'small fry' and unlikely to have large amounts of money sitting in the account, I am not a very attractive proposition it would seem. I don't want overdraft facilitiies and will want online banking facilities - who would you suggest I approach? 

thanks for any guidance.

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • Practice Licence
  • 36 posts
  • # 109030

tiddles said:

Hi All

just wondering who the best provider was for a Sole Trader Business Account. Having recently got my licence and a few clients, I want to set up a business account but being 'small fry' and unlikely to have large amounts of money sitting in the account, I am not a very attractive proposition it would seem. I don't want overdraft facilitiies and will want online banking facilities - who would you suggest I approach? 

thanks for any guidance.

Hello, when I set up just under 12 months ago natwest seemed to be the best for me, two years free business banking, online access and an app to use as well!

Hope that helps!

Karen 

• Companion Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 1137 posts
  • # 109039

Posted twice 

Edited at 10 Jun 2015 08:44 AM GMT

• Practice Licence
  • 1137 posts
  • # 109040

Hi 

I would recommend santander small business.    I have had free banking for 16 years.  I have never had any problems.   I have online access and payment facilties on the day.  Plus chaps and international payments.   Chaps cost but fast payments do not. 

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 746 posts
  • # 109043

Hi Sarah

How do you get free banking from santander? I had free banking for 18months but they now charge me £7.50 a month. I like them but find the internet banking a bit of a pain as I keep locking myself out. (yes the security side is pretty good), too good for me ha ha.

don't know of any of the others

kind regards 

Elaine 

• 48 posts
  • # 109539

If you are a member of the Federation of Small Businesses (which is well worth the fee for the free legal helpline alone etc etc!)

you get free banking with the Co-op

www.co-operativebank.co.uk/busines/currentaccounts/fsb-current-accounts

which includes a £25/year bonus, interest on your current account etc etc

You can pay in at your local post office plus online banking.

• Practice Licence
  • 1137 posts
  • # 109540

lainy said:

Hi Sarah

How do you get free banking from santander? I had free banking for 18months but they now charge me £7.50 a month. I like them but find the internet banking a bit of a pain as I keep locking myself out. (yes the security side is pretty good), too good for me ha ha.

don't know of any of the others

kind regards 

Elaine 

Hi Iainy 

I remember a couple of years ago they said they would start charging and everyone kicked off and loads of small business just switch to the current account which offer most of the same servides. 

They then reverted that decision and pay very little interest, not that there is ever very much in mind.  So my santander is still free banking.  I suspect you may have opened a account in the last 3 years .   However 7.50 is still very good for all the services they supply so you should try to get back into it.  Their online facilities are excellent. 

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner