First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

late renewal of membership

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 33 posts
  • # 109778

Hi I am already a member but I have been away on holiday and just realised that mu membership expired 31.07.15 I have tried to log on and renew but it will not let me what can I do to renew my membership?

Thanks

Gail

• 257 posts
  • # 109779

OMG ... you will probably have to retake all your exams on the new syllabus !!!!  .... but I would ring the ICB on Monday, they may be lenient (the IAB give their members a diary each year !!!) .....

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 400 posts
  • # 109789

Hi Gail

Dont panic.  The website has not been working properly.  My membership was due for renewal in July too but it would only allow me to renew my practice licence which wasn't due till October.  When I emailed ICB they advised me there was technical difficulties and to either ring in using dr / cr card or send a cheque.

Ring them Monday and i'm sure they will be happy to take your payment over the phone.

Regards

Liz

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 33 posts
  • # 109792

Hi Lizz

Many thanks for the reply.

I feel much better now knowing that other people have had a problem.

I too have a practice licence due next April and it would only let me renew that.

I was panicking a bit paticularly as I have just decided to go self-employed  and start my own practice and was hoping for some help from ICB ideas and resources etc.I see you too have a business how are you finding it out there.

Kind Regards

Gail Smile

PS Really like your quote!

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 400 posts
  • # 109804

Hi Gail

I'm now in my third year and it took a while to build.  The hardest part is getting your name out there which can only really be done by networking and referrals.  

When you do set up you'll find the ICB forum helpful. Plus there are other useful sites for information.

Your welcome to email me when you do set up liz@oakbookkeepingservices.co.uk  for any advice etc.  Going self employed was definitely one of the best decisions ive made.

Regards

Liz

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 33 posts
  • # 109805

Hi Liz

I have just renewed my membership successfully over the phone.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and for all your helpful advice.

It is a hard decision to make to go self-employed particularly as I have quite a good job as senior bookkeeper within a chartered Accountancy practice at the moment. It will be difficult financially to give that up without having any work so I thought I might try to build up a bit of work and try to do it in the evening and weekends.

I know it will be hard but I hope it will be more rewarding and flexible for me in the long run.

Thank you for the offer to contact you direcltly, I will definatley take you up on that when I take the plunge!!!

Kind Regards

Gail

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner