First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Payroll Software for Auto Enrolment

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 7 posts
  • # 112801

I've got my first clients auto enroling this year, and I wondered if anyone can recommend payroll software that handles auto enrolment relatively painlessly? I currently use Moneysoft and MyPAYE. I much prefer Moneysoft so would like to continue using it if I can. 

Any views very gratefully received!

Harriet Bruce

• 794 posts
  • # 112802

Hi Harriet,

Brightpay is excellent in all respects -

Easy to use, Price, Support, Handles AE perfectly, Unlimited clients & employees and CIS function.

There is also Cloud version if required but this costs extra so if you don't require it no need to use it.

Mutiple types of payslips depending on requirements - print or email.

60-day Free Trial.

Various webinars - some free - some chargeable that count towards CPD.

Haven't found anything I don't like about it.

I moved from a very good Payroll Software that I had used for 10 years but they wanted to charge extra for the AE module so I trialled Brightpay. Actually gave myself a lot of extra work as I moved all clients in the middle of last Tax Year but it has been worth it.

I did try Moneysoft at the same time but wasn't impressed but then everyone has their own ideas about things don't they?

Marilyn

• 3 posts
  • # 112806

Harriet Bruce said:

I've got my first clients auto enroling this year, and I wondered if anyone can recommend payroll software that handles auto enrolment relatively painlessly? I currently use Moneysoft and MyPAYE. I much prefer Moneysoft so would like to continue using it if I can. 

Any views very gratefully received!

Harriet Bruce

Hi Harriet

I have been using Brightpay as a Bureau for years and have recommended it to our clients who do their own payroll. I agree with everything Marilyn has said. Their support is also very good.

Nicola

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 111 posts
  • # 112814

Brightpay - for all the reasons above!

• 491 posts
  • # 112826

Hi Harriet

I also use Moneysoft - and had been very close to changing to Brightpay - just for the Auto Enrolment reasons, however, I'm pleased to say that I've just staged with my first 2 clients, using Moneysoft - and it was a piece of cake. 

The help files were very informative......and the whole process was just so easy. I used the automated web upload to NEST and that worked a treat too, and was instantly in the NEST portal. 

The reports are lovely and clear. I'd recommend sticking with it if you like it - I'm glad I did.

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 7 posts
  • # 112829

Thank you all so much for your help - I really appreciate it. 

I feel reassured that MoneySoft will do what I need it to do, but good to have another recommendation if I change my mind in the future.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Harriet

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 9 posts
  • # 112830

Hi Harriet,

First of all thank you for raising the topic.  I am also like you contemplating if I made a right decision of what to use for my payroll requirements.  I used Mypaye, Payroo and and Sage only because they are cloud based.  They are all good, but I need a payroll software that can support auto enrolment duties and among others.  Although, Brightpay is equally good, I decided to go for Moneysoft.  So far, I am happy with it.  The staging date of my clients is set at the last quarter of this year so, I cannot comment on auto enrolment yet but happy to know, that Moneysoft will meet my requirements.

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • 19 posts
  • # 112911

I too use Moneysoft Payroll manager and am attempting to do the mapping for my client. How do you do this with payroll manager? I couldn't seem to get it to work. I saved a file in cvs format and then aelite said there were columns missing. Thanks for this.

Macclesfield

• Practice Licence
  • 80 posts
  • # 114142

Hi,

I use Moneysoft and have clients that are on auto-enrolment with it. No problem. I really like it.

Dave

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 7 posts
  • # 114143

I also use Moneysoft for auto enrolment and find it excellent. So far I only have experience of The People's Pension, but I can make file uploads to the People's Pension website easily. My clients manage the communication with employees.

I recommend it.

Harriet Bruce

• 1 post
  • # 114382

J Thompson Bookkeeping Services said:

Hi Harriet,

First of all thank you for raising the topic.  I am also like you contemplating if I made a right decision of what to use for my payroll requirements.  I used Mypaye, Payroo and and Sage only because they are cloud based.  They are all good, but I need a payroll software that can support auto enrolment duties and among others.  Although, Brightpay is equally good, I decided to go for Moneysoft.  So far, I am happy with it.  The staging date of my clients is set at the last quarter of this year so, I cannot comment on auto enrolment yet but happy to know, that Moneysoft will meet my requirements.

Hi Jayrissa, all

New boy on the block here.  Also looking for a low cost payroll bureau solution to use on my Mac. So that excludes MoneysoftPM - Windows only.  I am using Xero for my practice accounts and my clients if it suits  Is there anything to choose between Brightpay, MyPAYE  and Payroo in terms of Xero integration? (Still waiting to hera from MyPAYE if they provide multi-employer version)

AND given that now Payroo offers AE why were you looking - was it not on offer back in April?

Regards, and Happy New Year

Paul

Edited at 04 Jan 2017 06:24 PM GMT

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 225 posts
  • # 114393

Hi Jayrissa, all

New boy on the block here.  Also looking for a low cost payroll bureau solution to use on my Mac. So that excludes MoneysoftPM - Windows only.  I am using Xero for my practice accounts and my clients if it suits  Is there anything to choose between Brightpay, MyPAYE  and Payroo in terms of Xero integration? (Still waiting to hera from MyPAYE if they provide multi-employer version)

AND given that now Payroo offers AE why were you looking - was it not on offer back in April?

Regards, and Happy New Year

Paul

Edited at 04 Jan 2017 06:24 PM GMT

If you are using Xero, why not do the payroll straight from Xero, avoiding journaling. It handles AE and can also create a PAPDIS file to upload to Pension provider. Also, direct connection to major pension providers is in Beta and should be rolled out soon giving a seemless process.

Alternatively i agree, payroo is very good (and free for companies with less than 10 employees and only £3 per year per employee for greater than 10 employees), it handles AE (again with PAPDIS file) as well as P11D. I use this for Payroll only customers.

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner