First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Paper BA4 nightmare

• 14 posts
  • # 113074

Hi All, wanted to share my nightmare and hopefully get some reassurance about Level III BA4 - just completed the mock paper and failed - 71% - gutted Cry

I've found level III such a massive step-up from level II - the mock paper was so hard. Petrified about taking the real thing!

Hoping i'm not the only one out there struggling - any help, advice and reassurance would be very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance guys,

Emma x

• Practice Licence
  • 4 posts
  • # 113078

Hello Emma, 

Im in the same situation. I have done both mock test. First one was 55% second 76%. Tried to look for more study material but can`t find. 

Note sure what to do. 

I know it is not any help to you but I thought I let you know that you are not alone..... 

Good luck 

Zoe 

• 14 posts
  • # 113080

zoeczene said:

Hello Emma, 

Im in the same situation. I have done both mock test. First one was 55% second 76%. Tried to look for more study material but can`t find. 

Note sure what to do. 

I know it is not any help to you but I thought I let you know that you are not alone..... 

Good luck 

Zoe 

Hi Zoe 

Thanks so much taking the time to reply - I'm so grateful. I've just purchased the level II manual revision guide from the ICB shop for £15. Its written by the ICB so I'm hoping that it should help more than my course material from UK Open College.  

Please feel free to email me if you want to - maybe we can support each other.  

My email address is: emmahills1983@gmail.com 

Best of luck to you x 

• Student
  • 19 posts
  • # 113086

I agree level 3 is a massive step from level 2.

I failed both mocks for BA4 5 and 6. I bought a kaplan revision book that helped alot. Keep going over the mocks too.:)

• 83 posts
  • # 113093

Hi all

I have reccently had a nightmare with BA6 and am worried to bits about taking it again, but now having got over the initial shock, I have resolved to be calm and do lots and lots of revision.  I am unable to take mine again now until September so come August I am going to get my head stuck back in the books and do as many mocks as I can get my hands on.

Trust me I know exactly how you feel and I hope you manage to overcome the problems you are having. Keep calm and think positive.

If it helps, other members keep telling me that although the exams are obvioiusly important, when we finally get to work for our own clients things are nowhere near as complicated in real life. 

I am trying to think of it as an assault course and this is the hurdle I need to keep practicing to get over.

I wish you all the best of luck.  

Regards

Sue

• 3 posts
  • # 113144

Hi Emma,

Sorry to hear that you're finding BA4 hard. I can't really give you any advice but I want to let you know that I feel the same as you. I didn't do the mock exam but the real exam was much harder than level 2. I feel that without doing bookkeeping as a job(I'm changing career), level 3 is difficult. . I used Sage 50 for the computerised part and got totally confused! I passed- just (86%).

You've done really well already as you have passed level 2.  You can do it! Good luck.

• Practice Licence
  • 2 posts
  • # 113146

I also failed my BA4 mock  first time but each mock gave me information as to which areas I needed to work on.  I obtained advice from tutors at Ideal Schools and did relevant exercises from Osborne books. To my amazement I passed with distinction.  Hang in there. 

Charlotte

• 40 posts
  • # 113148

Problem I found was with enetering the trial balance ithout ny mistakes. I set up a separate spreadsheet as a check to make sure i got the right figures to start with

• 9 posts
  • # 113152

Hi all,

I wholeheartedly recommend the ICB level III revision manual by Kaplan publishing, and doing as many mock exams as the ICB and your training provider have to offer!

I also found using different software and repeating certain scenarios from the study texts really increased my understanding of the processes for level III. I did most of the mocks exams manually first, then in excel, sage and quickbooks, that certainly made me feel more comfortable...especially for club accounting.

Good luck to you all! you will do it! 

• Fellow
  • Practice Licence
  • 14 posts
  • # 113154

Well I am not going to disagree ba4 is in my opinion the toughest at l3. However mock results are irrelevant. I failed most of mine and got distinction in 8 out of 10 exams

You have the knowledge from l2 its just adding a few bits and putting it all together. Sounds easy I know but I must confess I had a big advantage as I had ideal schools in my corner

Edited at 09 Jun 2016 08:16 AM GMT

• 14 posts
  • # 113161

Thanks so much for the replies guys, i'm so grateful and relieved to find out that i'm not alone!

Been through the whole mock again and gone to my tutor with any questions i still can't get the hang of.

Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Kaplan revision guide - heard lots of good things about it!

Now got to go over my computerised level 2 notes as i wasn't expecting a computiersed element to this exam, and haven't touched Sage since finishing level 2!

Hopefully i'll get there in the end - fingers crossed!

Thanks again - so grateful Laughing

• 4 posts
  • # 113223

Hi I am also struggling with B4 at the moment and made a lot of errors on the mock paper from Kaplan, the knock-on effect of one error can lose several marks and therefore failure! I am going to purchase the ICB mock paper next but wondered if there are any more mock papers out there anywhere? The more practice the better! 

• 40 posts
  • # 113224

Think I got some old mocks clara drop me a line. dsterratt@thermis.force9.co.uk

• 4 posts
  • # 113228

Thanks for your response - you can email me at clara@brightland.co.uk 

• Practice Licence
  • 11 posts
  • # 113606

Hi there,

Im totally agree with you all as it is step up from Level 2 and I just completed Level 2.Im in the process of doing revision for BA4 . If anyone has a MOCK exams paper can you please forward to my email address quirennpuv@gmail.com. Thanking you for your coperation.

Regards,

Puvanan

My email : quirennpuv@gmail.com

• 12 posts
  • # 113629

Hello to those studying for BA4. I'm working through Kaplan and would love to hear from anyone else at this level or just ahead. The advice given here is very helpful. I would also appreciate thoughts on preparing for the computerised section. I did level. 2 using Sage Accounting ( cloud version) but the Kaplan book wasn't very helpful so I used Sage help for most of my studying. I might try a different package for level 3 though. All study buddies welcome to contact me on Sue.webber.edu@gmail.com

Many thanks

Milly

• 30 posts
  • # 114440

I have just taken BA4 and failed with 73%. I was gutted as I tried so hard. My level 2 I got a distinction. Can anyone give me some advice on taking this or mocks. Thanks all.

• 22 posts
  • # 114441

cuffie said:

“I have just taken BA4 and failed with 73%. I was gutted as I tried so hard. My level 2 I got a distinction. Can anyone give me some advice on taking this or mocks. Thanks all.”

Hello All,

Having passed all exams and currently doing Level 4 ABA8 mock, I would like to offer any help to those struggling with any papers. Perhaps we can discuss via email or skype and I would be more than happy to help anyone.

I wish everyone exam success.

My personal email address is adeoluomosanya@yahoo.co.uk -- please do not be shy to drop me a note on what you have trouble with! Laughing

• 4 posts
  • # 114444

Hi Cuffie

Thats a shame and you must feel demoralised! I took B4 a while ago and had a bit of a break since summer, I am about to do B5 next week. I can only recommend doing the ICB Mocks which very closely matched the exam in my case. I also study with Kaplan and did their mock papers too....it did takes ages before i felt ready to attempt the real exam though but i did pass first time!   If you would like to contact me direct on clareaives@gmail.com i might be able to think of a few more pointers.

Good luck and try again...eventually it does sink in!

Clara

• 30 posts
  • # 114452

Ade Omosanya said:

cuffie said:

“I have just taken BA4 and failed with 73%. I was gutted as I tried so hard. My level 2 I got a distinction. Can anyone give me some advice on taking this or mocks. Thanks all.”

Hello All,

Having passed all exams and currently doing Level 4 ABA8 mock, I would like to offer any help to those struggling with any papers. Perhaps we can discuss via email or skype and I would be more than happy to help anyone.

I wish everyone exam success.

My personal email address is adeoluomosanya@yahoo.co.uk -- please do not be shy to drop me a note on what you have trouble with! Laughing

Thankyou I will be in contact in due course :) cuff29@gmail.com

• 30 posts
  • # 114453

Clara said:

Hi Cuffie

Thats a shame and you must feel demoralised! I took B4 a while ago and had a bit of a break since summer, I am about to do B5 next week. I can only recommend doing the ICB Mocks which very closely matched the exam in my case. I also study with Kaplan and did their mock papers too....it did takes ages before i felt ready to attempt the real exam though but i did pass first time!   If you would like to contact me direct on clareaives@gmail.com i might be able to think of a few more pointers.

Good luck and try again...eventually it does sink in!

Clara

Thankyou. cuff29@gmail.com

• 6 posts
  • # 114532

Hi All

So annoyed!! After completing 2 mocks successfully i attempted the BA4 final exam. To my horror it was much more complicated than the mocks (the Sage part) and have just got my results....84 flippin percent!! So annoyed!!

Going to take it again at the weekend and hope that this time i can get even just that 1% back from somewhere

did anyone else find that the Sage part was made a lot more complicated than the mocks?

thanks

• Member PM.Dip
  • 20 posts
  • # 114540

Hello everybody,

Can I confirm whether it was the main question/answer section that was more difficult or the download/computorized part?

Also - do you get the answers for the first part at the time and then the answers for the uploaded files later?

Thanks,

Liam

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner