First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Opening a new practice

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115355

Hello all. 

My name is Naomi and I'm launching my practice on the 1st August. I'm looking for fellow bookkeeping buddies to share experiences with and offer mutual support. I'd especially like to link up with other practice licence holders operating as sole traders. I tried to join the Devon & Exeter ICB Facebook group but after four weeks my application is still 'pending'. I can only assume the admin doesn't log in any more which is a shame as I would really like to join. 

The practice is finally taking shape now. I'm amazed at how much there is to do in order to get going. So much administration! I'm quite nervous about the whole thing, which I assume is normal as it's quite daunting taking on the first clients and hoping you get everything right. 

If anyone in a similar situation would like to connect with me I'd be very happy. 

Thanks for reading and I hope to talk with some of you soon. 

Best wishes, Naomi. 

Edited at 21 Jul 2017 12:06 PM GMT

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115368

Thank you Caryl

I'll definitely try to be there. Thank you for letting me know. I hope to meet you and others there. 

Best wishes, Naomi. 

• 27 posts
  • # 115383

Hello

I'm in Cornwall and setting up my own practice too.  I am applying for an AAT licence though as their rules state I have to and I would have to pay ICB £200 for exemption due to my AAT qualifications before I could apply.

I'm currently trying to design my website and work out my pricing, it's not easy.

Jen

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 29 posts
  • # 115387

Hi Naomi

Congratulations! I am in the same boat as you, done most of the background work and about to launch. I am excited and terrified at the same time.

I am based in Scotland but happy to share my experience and give/receive advice.

My email address is sharonkennedy58@outlook.com if you want to get in touch.

Good luck! Laughing

• 12 posts
  • # 115389

Hi Naomi,

I am in the same boat as you and I have found Cardiff branch ICB has been amazing for support. If you would like to contact me on Suewebberbookkeeping@gmail.com we coud share our experiences of setting up/marketing etc.

Regards

• 28 posts
  • # 115390

Milly1 said:

Hi Naomi,

I am in the same boat as you and I have found Cardiff branch ICB has been amazing for support. If you would like to contact me on Suewebberbookkeeping@gmail.com we coud share our experiences of setting up/marketing etc.

Regards

Hi all

i qualified some years ago and now really trying to set up my business ... I live in Dorset and would love to have your advice/help. 

regards Julia 

• 28 posts
  • # 115391

jools said:

Milly1 said:

Hi Naomi,

Regards

Hi all

i qualified some years ago and now really trying to set up my business ... I live in Dorset and would love to have your advice/help. 

regards Julia 

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115413

Hello everyone, and thank you for the response which is very heartening for me. I'll be in touch via email Sue Webb and Sharon Kennedy. If anyone else leaves their contact details I'll get in touch with them too. My email address is torbaybookkeepingpractice@gmail.com and feel free to drop me a line. It's nice to have a network of people to swap tips with. I've learnt a lot so far and am happy to pass on my knowledge to others and in turn I'm learning a lot from reading what others write here in this forum. 

Best wishes everyone, and good luck with your practice launches. Four days until D day for me and I'm feeling quire excited and more than a little bit nervous. 

Regards, Naomi. 

• 27 posts
  • # 115420

My email address is jennifer@officebee.co.uk and would like to join you :)

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 2 posts
  • # 115422

Good evening. I am based in West Lothian in Scotland and have been up and running for 6 motnhs now. Would love to connect with anyone to exchange worries, advice, celebratory good news on acheiving clients etc etc.. My email is cerijackson@rebusbookkeeping.co.uk

It's daunting and scary but I'm sure we can all help each other!!

Kind regards,

Ceri

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115433

jools said:

Milly1 said:

Hi Naomi,

Regards

Hi all

regards Julia 

Hello Milly

Would you like to drop me an email Milly? You could join our facebook group for members in practice (not ICB). My email address is torbaybookkeepingpractice@gmail.com

Good luck. 

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 29 posts
  • # 115434

Hi Naomi 

Sorry not had a chance to reply to your email yet but just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow! 

Smile

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115436

Shaza2560 said:

Hi Naomi 

Sorry not had a chance to reply to your email yet but just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow! 

Smile

Thank you so much Shazza. 

• Member PM.Dip
  • 18 posts
  • # 115442

Hi Naomi and everyone else

Hope everything went okay yesterday for you.  I'm in a quandry at the moment, I would really like to make the move to self employed but have no idea where to start and I'm scared to make the move :)   Looking for all the advice I can get.  I really need a push to make the move my email is jinty04@live.com.

Could we maybe set up a facebook page where we can all talk?

Janette

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115443

Jinty04 said:

Hi Naomi and everyone else

Hope everything went okay yesterday for you.  I'm in a quandry at the moment, I would really like to make the move to self employed but have no idea where to start and I'm scared to make the move :)   Looking for all the advice I can get.  I really need a push to make the move my email is jinty04@live.com.

Could we maybe set up a facebook page where we can all talk?

Janette

It's going well thanks Janette. I'm very busy just with admin and setting up systems at the moment. Please come to join the Fb group. It's not an ICB one but is restricted to bookkeepers either in practice or thinking of starting. I have dropped you an email. 

Best wishes, Naomi. 

• Practice Licence
  • 22 posts
  • # 115444

Hello Naomi

Good luck with your practice.

I am also thinking of setting up and would like to join your facebook page to exchange ideas etc.

My email is cr130@hotmail.co.uk

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 1 post
  • # 115445

Hello all

I have been reading this post with interest as I am currently working my way through my exams with the view of becoming self employed. It would be great if I could also join your Facebook group to help me get started as I have no idea where to begin!  My email is chrissyrowden@gmail.com

Regards

Chrissy

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115446

>
>
>
>

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115447

Hello there Chrissy and Purple

I have sent you the links to the Fb group for bookkeepers in practice or those planning their practice. I don't wish to compete with any ICB Fb groups but there wasn't one specifically for members in practice. I'm joining the Devon ICB group and looking forward to meeting fellow bookkeepers in there too. 

Best wishes from Naomi. 

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115448

If I have missed anyone or you haven't heard from me after emailing me then please forgive me and try again...... but hopefully I have responded to everyone. I'm so busy right now that I don't know if I'm coming or going. 

Best wishes to all. 

• 33 posts
  • # 115450

Hi everyone.

I obtained my practice licence in February but have not actively started advertising or really got to grips with setting up. Feel quite daunted by the whole thing.

Could  I please join the group, would be very interested to hear how others have started out and would happily contribute when I get my act together! 

Thanks Becky.

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 2 posts
  • # 115451

Afternoon Becky,

If you leave your email here on the forum or email me at cerijackson@rebusbookkeeping.co.uk I'll add you!!!

Regards

Ceri

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115454

>
>
>
>

• Practice Licence
  • 22 posts
  • # 115465

Morning All

Wonder if someone could resend the facebook link, as cannot seem to find the email.

cr130@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Claudette (purple)

Edited at 05 Aug 2017 09:36 AM GMT

• Fellow
  • Practice Licence
  • 32 posts
  • # 115467

Hello all,

can I join you please on the FB page please? - I've been going about 18 months part time ( hardly at all if I'm honest!) and took the plunge to full self employment in March this year. Had a few ups and downs to share with you all in that time!

my email is janette.rix@me.com

thanks

ps I'm a FB phobic so be gentle!

Janette

• 1 post
  • # 115469

Hi Naomi

I have just passed my level 3 bookkeeping qualification and am hoping to get some clients and start a practice.  I'd love to join your facebook group to get some tips and ideas and chat to others in the same boat......my email is caroline.salisbury@yahoo.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you

• Practice Licence
  • 9 posts
  • # 115473

Hi,

I've technically been 'in practice' for about 9 months, but haven't advertised or really tried to get any new business. I've had a couple of really little one-off clients through word-of-mouth and also work 2 days/week (one doing a bit of bookkeeping and general business support and the other day as a Finance Assistant). My son is starting school in Sept, so I'd like to find more clients to fill a bit of that time and take my business to the next level.

Could I join the Facebook group? I'd love to be in touch with like-minded people and hope to share some experiences so we can all benefit. Thanks

Email address is victoria.staveley@gmail.com

• 14 posts
  • # 115476

Hi Naomi, I'd love to share experiences with one new practices too, I started trading just this year, in fact I think you contacted me about potentially taking on some work. 

I dont want to share my email address online a second I think these posts might be searchable by google.. would it be worth setting up a Facebook group so we can all communicate? Thanks, Zoe 

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115477

>
>
>
>

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115478

Well, there has been a lot of interest in the Fb group. 

I sincerely hope it's ok to put the link here. I'm getting a lot of emails requesting to join and some people have requested to join in here and I've missed them as I've ben so busy...... so here's the link below

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1493116357401470/?ref=bookmarks

I hope that's correct as I had to copy by hand as the copy and paste wouldn't work. If not, then just go to Fb and type in Bookkeepers in practice. 

Sorry to anyone who asked to join and I didn't reply. Just so snowed under. Best wishes all. 

Naomi. 

• 37 posts
  • # 115482

Naomi Griffiths said:

Hello all. 

My name is Naomi and I'm launching my practice on the 1st August. I'm looking for fellow bookkeeping buddies to share experiences with and offer mutual support. I'd especially like to link up with other practice licence holders operating as sole traders. I tried to join the Devon & Exeter ICB Facebook group but after four weeks my application is still 'pending'. I can only assume the admin doesn't log in any more which is a shame as I would really like to join. 

The practice is finally taking shape now. I'm amazed at how much there is to do in order to get going. So much administration! I'm quite nervous about the whole thing, which I assume is normal as it's quite daunting taking on the first clients and hoping you get everything right. 

If anyone in a similar situation would like to connect with me I'd be very happy. 

Thanks for reading and I hope to talk with some of you soon. 

Best wishes, Naomi. 

Edited at 21 Jul 2017 12:06 PM GMT

Hi Naomi

Hope everything is going well with your new practice.

I would love to know how you started etc to set up your own company. My email is Sam.kenny001@googlemail.com if you could add me to the facebook group that would be great - any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam 

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115483

>
>
>
>

• 2 posts
  • # 115492

Hi Naomi,

I would love to be involved in your new-set-up group. I passed my BA7 exam in May and I am now feeling that was just the beginning. There is so much to do and so much more to get to grips with. I am in South London. My email address is cazbookk@gmail.com. It will be great to make some friends online who are in the same boat.

Thank you,

Caroline Barraclough

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115495

>
>
>
>

• 1 post
  • # 115520

Hi Naomi,

I'm definitely interested in joining your Facebook group as I've been wondering where I should start when trying to find bookkeeping work so I will send a request via the link you posted. I'm still completing my studies but hoping to be qualified shortly (I'm currently waiting to take my ABA8 exam). Didn't want to start looking for work while I still had exams/studying to get through so I'm in the very early stages!

Kind regards,

Jodie

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115523

>
>
>
>

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 48 posts
  • # 115585

Hi 

I got my practice licence earlier this year but havn;t activley started advertising yet i would love to be part of your facebook group, i'm on facebook as nicky vincent-fisher or my email is n1kky@hotmail.com.

Nicky

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115588

>
>
>
>

• Member PM.Dip
  • 7 posts
  • # 115618

Hello, 

Could I please join the FB page?

I have just finished my level 3 exams, dabbling with level 4 and also in the process of applying fr my practice licence.

My email is 

thevillagebookkeeper@gmail.com

many thanks

Donna

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115626

>
>
>
>

• 2 posts
  • # 115771

Hi Naomi,

I've just finished a four month piece of work for a client (setting up Sage Accounts and Payroll for a new business start-up with around 25 employees) where I was employed by them.  I'e now decided to take the scary leap into being self-employed and have just applied for my practice licence.  I'd love to join your group & my email is k.j.russell@btinternet.com.

Hopefully we can help & support each other in our new ventures!

Many thanks,

Kirsty

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115772

>
>
>
>

• Student
  • 19 posts
  • # 115971

Hi all

I would love to join the facebook group. My email address is sarah.harrington@outlook.com. thanks :)

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 115975

>
>
>
>

• Practice Licence
  • 15 posts
  • # 116337

Edited at 20 Feb 2018 06:04 PM GMT

• Practice Licence
  • 40 posts
  • # 116338

Hello everyone

The Bookkeepers in Practice Uk group on Facebook is going well, with over 300 members now. By member agreement, the group wishes to restrcit membership to those already in practice or those who will be set up within days, weeks at most. We were getting quite a few applications from employed bookkeepers and people just vaguely thinking of going self-employed, which we decline because that's not who the group is for. If you wish to join please apply here....... https://www.facebook.com/groups/1493116357401470/

You'll be asked for evidence of your practice such as a website or practice licence. Also please note, there are some joining questions which must be answered. 

Thanks from Naomi. 

Edited at 20 Feb 2018 10:38 AM GMT

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner