First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

AAT vs ICB

• 4 posts
  • # 116083

I now work in a practice and they are keen for me to pursue the AAT avenue.  I would rather continue my professional development through the ICB structure.  Does anyone have any thoughts/comments?

• 2 posts
  • # 116086

The Busy Bookkeeper said:

“I now work in a practice and they are keen for me to pursue the AAT avenue.  I would rather continue my professional development through the ICB structure.  Does anyone have any thoughts/comments?”

ICB prepares you better for the outside world. I have come across Two AAT members who showed ignorance of basic knowledge thereby bringing the profession into disrepute. I would not recommend AAT.

• 33 posts
  • # 116087

I have to disagree - AAT is a highly respected and well recognised qualification. If your long term goal is to progress within an accountancy practice, rather than self employment where ICB excels, and your employer would cover the cost (more expensive than ICB path) you maybe should consider it - its unlikely you would have to do AAT level 3 as you are MICB and probably would get exemption from at least 1 unit of the level 4 diploma in accounting.

If they want you to do the AAT bookkeeping qualification, in my honest opinion that would be pointless as would just be going over the same ground. In fact AAT offer Qualified Bookkeeper membership to ICB/IAB peeps in some instances.

• Member PM.Dip
  • 54 posts
  • # 116099

Gravelpit, it's true about AAT offering bookkeeping memberships to ICB members. I applied for the AAT bookkeeping membership (AATQB) yesterday in my capacity as an ICB associate member and got accepted.

• 33 posts
  • # 116101

They obviously recognise quality when they see it!! Wink

Great news, a few more letters after your name plus you get access to their resources too.

Trish

Edited at 10 Jan 2018 03:13 PM GMT

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner