First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Moneysoft Payroll and problem with emailing payslips

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 28 posts
  • # 116153

I have recently started using Moneysoft Payroll, which I have found to be straight forward to use apart from one problem, and that is emailing the payslips to the employees.  I have entered all the correct information into the e-mail set up but when I tried to send a test e-mail to myself it tells me that the email has been sent successfully but when I look in my in-box I have not received it.  If I check my emails from the email address I sent it from it is in spam saying the message was undeliverable for the following reason:-

The reason for the problem, message not accepted for policy reasons!

I have tried phoning Moneysoft but they were less than helpful telling me it was to do with Yahoo, my email provider and it was not a problem they could help me with.  It would be helpful to be able to send the payslips out by email through the software rather than having to individually email each employee with a pdf attachment, which is much more time consuming.

Just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience and how you got around it please.

• 794 posts
  • # 116161

Change to Brightpay software?

More helpful and quicker to respond, software easier to use and possibly cheaper but then what matter the cost if the service is there?

No, I am not on commission!

• Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 111 posts
  • # 116178

CatherineB said:

I have recently started using Moneysoft Payroll, which I have found to be straight forward to use apart from one problem, and that is emailing the payslips to the employees.  I have entered all the correct information into the e-mail set up but when I tried to send a test e-mail to myself it tells me that the email has been sent successfully but when I look in my in-box I have not received it.  If I check my emails from the email address I sent it from it is in spam saying the message was undeliverable for the following reason:-

The reason for the problem, message not accepted for policy reasons!

I have tried phoning Moneysoft but they were less than helpful telling me it was to do with Yahoo, my email provider and it was not a problem they could help me with.  It would be helpful to be able to send the payslips out by email through the software rather than having to individually email each employee with a pdf attachment, which is much more time consuming.

Just wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience and how you got around it please.

Hi Catherine

Unfortunately Moneysoft are correct, its not a problem they can help with as its not a fault with their software. You are using an email provider (Yahoo) and the issue lies with them, in that it is against their policies. You may be able to find a fix in the Yahoo settings but you might need to speak with their helpdesk to do this. If you had your own website you could then have your own email account and this wouldn't be an issue.

Sorry its probably not what you want to hear!

Victoria

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 38 posts
  • # 116179

Hotmail is compatible with Money Soft.  For G Mail you have to accept that you are sending from a less secure app.

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 38 posts
  • # 116180

Hotmail is compatible with Money Soft.  For G Mail you have to accept that you are sending from a less secure app.

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 28 posts
  • # 116185

Many thanks Victoria for your reply it is helpful to know that the problem is not to do with the software but Yahoo.  Contacting Yahoo for help doesn't seem to be easy though, I have had a look on yahoo community where there are other people with similar problems though I just don't understand how to correct the problem. I don't currently have my own website but am looking into getting one set up!

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 28 posts
  • # 116186

A big thankyou to you David!

I have this morning created a new hotmail email address and successfully sent a test email through Moneysoft Payroll.  I am now very hopeful that when I have to email the employee payslips next week I shall be able to do this through Moneysoft, saving me a lot of time!

Many thanks

Catherine

• Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 38 posts
  • # 116188

Hi Catherine

Great to hear that your test E Mail using Hotmail was a success.  There shouldn't be any further problems going forward.

Best Wishes

Dave

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner