First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Have BA7 exam question, about calculator/whiteboard?

• Member PM.Dip
  • 2 posts
  • # 116339

Hello,

I'm about to sit my final BA7 Exam at pearson VUE within the next few weeks, and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me of a calculator model they used or a brand/model of a good cheap calculator that would definitely be allowed in the exam?

I'm a little unsure about whether my financial calculator 'Sharp EL-738F' I like would be allowed or rejected. Also does anyone know whether the whiteboards and markers you get during the exam are wipeable or come with an eraser or could even just generally describe them (like how many pages/size?) etc.

many thanks,

Richard.Wink

(ICB - level 3 student)

Edited at 20 Feb 2018 04:13 PM GMT

• 51 posts
  • # 116344

Hi, am I being dim? Not quite that far ahead as yet but why do you need a whiteboard in these exams?

Digit

• 4 posts
  • # 116346

I brought a really basic Casio calculator. But to my shock was told I couldn't take it into the exam. Talking to the administrator it turned out the woman at the front desk for some reason thought I was writing a completely different exam. So the administrator kindly lent me a calculator that was pretty similar to the one I had brought anyway. 

The administrator gave me two pieces of reusable paper and a marker. Nothing to erase with. But he said if I needed more just hold a sheet up and he'll know to bring me more.

• 29 posts
  • # 116353

ricky.associates said:

Hello,

I'm about to sit my final BA7 Exam at pearson VUE within the next few weeks, and was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me of a calculator model they used or a brand/model of a good cheap calculator that would definitely be allowed in the exam?

I'm a little unsure about whether my financial calculator 'Sharp EL-738F' I like would be allowed or rejected. Also does anyone know whether the whiteboards and markers you get during the exam are wipeable or come with an eraser or could even just generally describe them (like how many pages/size?) etc.

many thanks,

Richard.Wink

(ICB - level 3 student)

Edited at 20 Feb 2018 04:13 PM GMT

Hi Richard

I took the BA7 at the start of the year in Northampton and was supplied with a basic calculator and plenty of white boards and markers to use in the exam by the centre.

I believe that it depends on the centre and who is on duty at the time as a friend took a similar exam and was allowed to take in everything she had on her whereas I had to empty all of my pockets and put them into a locker before I was allowed to enter the exam room.

Good luck with the exam when you take it.

Kind regard

Gordon

• Member PM.Dip
  • 2 posts
  • # 116427

Just to reply,

I have settled on the CASIO MX-8B calculator I bought from Wilko's last weekend, its great! and if I can't use it they offer students one to use of their own anyway, so no worries.

To answer question to 'DIGIT', you aren't allowed to take materials/paper/possessions with you into the Pearson exam room, but you are given whiteboard pieces of A4 Sheet (more than 5+ sheets) with whiteboard marker felt-tip pens to work out calculations with.

I found this page helpful to print off it contains most of the information...

https://www.bookkeepers.org.uk/Study--Qualifications/Current-Qualifications/Taking-an-Assessment-at-a-Centre

I also highly recommend doing the 'bookkeepers.org.uk' BA7 mocks (both), as they really helped me understand the tricks in questions being asked and have made me feel a lot more relaxed/prepared.

Next week is my exam! Undecided

thanks again,

Richard. 

• 51 posts
  • # 116428

ricky.associates said:

Just to reply,

I have settled on the CASIO MX-8B calculator I bought from Wilko's last weekend, its great! and if I can't use it they offer students one to use of their own anyway, so no worries.

To answer question to 'DIGIT', you aren't allowed to take materials/paper/possessions with you into the Pearson exam room, but you are given whiteboard pieces of A4 Sheet (more than 5+ sheets) with whiteboard marker felt-tip pens to work out calculations with.

I found this page helpful to print off it contains most of the information...

https://www.bookkeepers.org.uk/Study--Qualifications/Current-Qualifications/Taking-an-Assessment-at-a-Centre

I also highly recommend doing the 'bookkeepers.org.uk' BA7 mocks (both), as they really helped me understand the tricks in questions being asked and have made me feel a lot more relaxed/prepared.

Next week is my exam! Undecided

thanks again,

Richard. 

Thanks for that Richard - good luck with exam next weekCool

Digit

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner