First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Cambridgeshire Branch.

  • 170 posts
  • # 85442

Looking for a volunteer to help us get started in the county of Cambs. Need somebody local to find a suitable low-cost venue where branch meetings can be held every 6 wks (approx).  All branches are self-financing and organised by members for members. 

Contact me at k.bell@talk21.com if you have any ideas! 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 86784

Hi

I'd be interested.  
I am based in March, North Cambs and would be interested in meeting up Cambridge / Ely / Huntingdon / Wisbech.

Thanks,
Kirsty 

  • 170 posts
  • # 86803

Thanks Kirsty,

Looking to start a branch in Cambs in late January/early February. I need someone to find a suitable venue up to £50 for a minimum of 2 hours on a midweek  evening. If you can assist in this, I will arrange and chair the first branch meeting at which we can decide the future organisation.  Please contact with any ideas.
Ken
k.bell@talk21.com 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 87170

Hi Ken

I've just forwarded an email to you confirming a price here at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March but for a 2hour maximum - is that ok ?

http://www.olivercromwellhotel.co.uk/

thanks,
Kirsty 

  • 170 posts
  • # 87746

Preparing to launch the Cambridgeshire Branch towards the end of February.

Ken 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 87764

Ok great :-)

  • 170 posts
  • # 88607

To all members and students in the area,

The first meeting of the Cambs branch is taking place on Thursday 21st Feb. at The Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.  Book your place on the Events page and have your say on the future development of the group.  We will de discussing the organisation of the branch, future topics and speakers, and setting the agenda for the coming months.

Ken Bell
Head of Regions UK. 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 88775

Hi All

Initial meeting well attended - 7 + Ken
Hopefully more for our next planned meeting
Tuesday 16th April 7-9pm at Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March 

All welcome,
Thanks,

Kirsty  

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 90210

Cambridgeshire meeting tonight 7 - 9pm Oliver Cromwell in March.

8 booked so far.
We've got an RTI presentation / talk from "Price Bailey"

See you there,
Kirsty  

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 90258

Excellent turn out last night - 10 total.
Good talk on RTI - lots of questions - so thanks to Price Bailey.

Next meeting proposed for Tuesday 4th June 7-9pm, Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March (booked)
General chat about "Best Practices" and maybe some talk about "CIS" to introduce our new learners to the delights ...

Thanks
Kirsty 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 90871

Next Meeting Tue 4th June 7-9pm Oliver Cromwell.
I've given the details to Mathini but it's not in the Events list yet.

Please look out for it - all welcome.

Chat about "Best Practices" and maybe some "CIS" 

Hope to see you there,
Kirsty  

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 91362

Meeting tonight 7pm Oliver Cromwell in March.
Hope to see you there,

Thanks,
Kirsty  

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 91719

Next meeting now Tuesday 17th September and hope to have a friendly VAT specialist coming in.

See you then,
Kirsty Smile 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 92869

Yes all confirmed Tuesday 17th Sept at Oliver Cromwell in March.

'Les is a very experienced, and friendly, VAT Consultant. He has dealt with a wide range of organisations, from multi-million pound companies to tiny cottage industries. He is in his 20th year as a freelance Consultant, with a track record of savings achieved, arguments won, etc. He also spends some time sitting at the Tax Tribunals. And he likes cake!
 
 Hope to have a good attendance,

See You there,

Kirsty Smile 

  • 22 posts
  • # 93287

Kirsty'sCountingsaid:

“Yes all confirmed Tuesday 17th Sept at Oliver Cromwell in March.

'Les is a very experienced, and friendly, VAT Consultant. He has dealt with a wide range of organisations, from multi-million pound companies to tiny cottage industries. He is in his 20th year as a freelance Consultant, with a track record of savings achieved, arguments won, etc. He also spends some time sitting at the Tax Tribunals. And he likes cake!
 
 Hope to have a good attendance,

See You there,

Kirsty Smile ”

Hi Kirsty I am new to the forum and have just recently gained access to this region , so glad i've found an event close to home . Is it possible to e-mail you direct prior to booking a place at this event.

regards


Raquel  



Edited at 04 Sep 2013 08:15 PM GMT

Edited at 04 Sep 2013 08:16 PM GMT

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 93289

Hi 

Welcome :)

Yes you can email me : kirsty@kirstyscounting.com

Look forward to hearing from you,
Kirsty  

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 96800

Happy New year to all Smile

Next Cambs meeting Tuesday 28th January same place + time.

Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March 7pm - 9pm

http://www.olivercromwellhotel.co.uk/index.php/contact/map-location

 

Hope to have a presentation by one of our members but details TBC

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 97594

Hello to all,

 

Next Cambs meeting Tuesday 25th March same place + time.

Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March 7pm - 9pm

http://www.olivercromwellhotel.co.uk/index.php/contact/map-location

 

Having just watched the latest Xero webinar and seeing they are offering marketing support £ I wondered if anyone would be interested if I asked them to come and visit ??


Kirsty

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 99509

Hello to all,

 

Next Cambs meeting *Wednesday* 21st May same place + time.

Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March 7pm - 9pm

http://www.olivercromwellhotel.co.uk/index.php/contact/map-location

 

David has arranged for a friendly IFA to come and visit

Andy Spriggs - Proactive Management 

http://www.proactiveinvestment.com/


Hope to see you there,

Kirsty

 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 99832

Hi All,


Sadly we only had 8 members so our IFA may have felt a little unloved!


Jess (ICB) has asked me if anyone would be interested in a talk from FA Simms (Insolvency) - please let me know 

http://www.fasimms.co.uk/


Next Cambs meeting *Wednesday* 16th July same place + time.

Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March 7pm - 9pm

http://www.olivercromwellhotel.co.uk/index.php/contact/map-location


Thanks

Kirsty

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 25 posts
  • # 99834

I felt loved!! Smile

 

Thank-you so much to everyone who was there for making me feel welcome. Looking forward to the next one!!

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 100233

Hi All

Discussion points from Jess / FA Simms for our next meeting.

Thanks, Kirsty 

 

Please see below a bullet point list regarding the presentation Richard Simms will be performing for the Cambridge branch meeting on the 16th July 2014

  • Key insolvency warning signs to look out for within clients
     
  • Key cash flow indicators that could imply a company is struggling
     
  • Identifying the inherent lag between an underlying problem & evidence it showing up in cash flow
     
  • How can bookkeepers approach the subject of possible insolvency with their client 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • 8 posts
  • # 102122

Hello

I see that the next meeting for Cambridgeshire branch of the ICB is today, unfortunately I cannot attend the meeting today due to my current work committments.

Can anyone tell me if there is a schedule or calendar available for future meetings of the Cambs branch or is the date set one meeting at a time?

Looking forward to attending a branch meeting at some point hopefully in the not too distant future as I have yet to attend one and hope it will further develop what I an currently studying.

 

Regards

Steve

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 102131

Hi Steve

 

Sorry we don't have a list we set the next at the meeting.

Planned next meeting Wed 14th January 2015 - TBC

I need to check with the Hotel and a guest speaker.

 

Please email me your contact details and I'll add you to my list and give you our local contacts :-)

 

Thanks

Kirsty

kirsty@kirstyscounting.com 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 102682

Hi All,


I asked Xero to come but as I am a Bronze (not Silver) and don't have guaranteed 20+ people they wouldn't! Shay did send me some freebies (booklets, lanyards and pens)


So with agreement of our group I have arranged for Quickbooks to come and present.

See you there :-)

Wed 14th Jan 7-9pm I suggested that he will do say 7.15-8ish and then some questions?


Good morning Kirsty,
 
Further to our conversation earlier, I have arranged the meeting with Neil Derbyshire on Wednesday 14th January at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
 
In this meeting it would be great if we could cover:
 - Your objectives and how we can support you and Bookkeepers
 - A brief history of Intuit and our current strategy to support accountants 
 - Your client base and how they are currently being managed
 - QuickBooks Online product
 - Our programme offering and the benefits that we provide our Partners
 
Please feel free to forward this on invite to any other colleagues you wish to include in the meeting, and let me know their details so that I can update this appointment accordingly.


  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 105605

Hi

 

Next meeting is Thursday 12th March at usual place

Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March 7-9pm  Oliver Cromwell  PE15 9LH

Thought we try a Thursday to give some members that couldn't do Tue or Wed a chance.


Catch up on  recent Social Media Masetrclass.


Set diary for next few meetings (to please ICB)


Set topics and discuss speakers required


Hope to see you there - might even have new Chair Lucy Brown from Lincoln ...


  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 107257

Hi All

 

I hope everyone had a nice Easter ? Yum Yum 2 days off work = ouch £££ !!

 

We have set the dates for the next few meetings :

 

Look forward to seeing you there ...

Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March 7-9pm


Thursday 21st May - visit from Mike O'Neill - LEBC about Auto-Enrolment

Thursday 9th July
 
Thursday 10th September
 
Thursday 12th Nov

Thanks

  • Student
  • 3 posts
  • # 110164

Hello Kirsty and fellow Cambridgeshire branch Members,

 

I am a newly registered student and I have booked for Thrusday's Branch meeting.

 

I have a couple of questions:-

 

1) Is the meeting on the ground floor as I cannot use stairs. If not is there a lift?

 

2) Is there disabeled parking on site or close to the venue.

 

Lookking forward to meeting members on thursday.

 

Many thanks

Mark

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 110166

Hi Newbie Mark and welcome :-)

 

I just rang the hotel.

Yes 2 disabled spaces outside the front door.

and the room is on the 1st floor but a lift from ground directly to opposite the meeting room.

 

Look forward to seeing you.

Thanks

Kirsty 

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 110171

Sage are coming now after a mix-up with people 

Hello,
 
Hope this find s you well, look forward to speaking to you later.
 
 
Shane Robinson
Regional Online Development Manager London
Sage (UK) Ltd, Accountants’ Segment

Oliver Cromwell 7pm

  • Student
  • 3 posts
  • # 111631

Hi Kirsty

 

Unfortunately I will be unable to attend the Branch Meeting this evening as I have a prior engagement.

 

Please could you send me the dates for future meetings.

 

Many thanks

 

Mark Duckworth

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 111916

Hi All

 

1st meeting for 2016 = *Tuesday* 19th January

 

Oliver Cromwell Hotel, March, 7-9pm

 

All welcome,

 

Will then confirm dates for rest of the year,

 

Hope to see you there,

Kirsty

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 112647

ICB Next Meeting = Great News!!

Just to confirm Stuart Morris will be able to present at the Cambridgeshire Branch meeting on the 29th March – Marketing.


Look forward to seeing you there ...

Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March 7-9pm

Future Meeting Dates for 2016
Tuesday 17th May

Tuesday 12th July (Maybe Ken Bell (ICB) for a talk and Xero demo)

Tuesday 13th September

Tuesday 8th November (Probably Paula Veysey-Smith about VAT)

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 113367

Hi

 

Not many bookings for tomorrow ... Tuesday 12th July = Ken Bell (ICB) for a talk and Xero demo


Tuesday 13th September (Stuart Morris AML)

Tuesday 8th November (Probably Paula Veysey-Smith about VAT)

Hope to see you there,

 

Kirsty 

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 8 posts
  • # 118169

Hi, 

Is this Cambridgeshire branch still meeting, please?

I have recently moved in to the area!

Thanks, 

Becky

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 118177

Hiya !

 

Yes you would be very welcome - next meeting Tuesday 3rd December 2019 at Oliver Cromwell in March.

http://www.olivercromwellhotel.co.uk/index.php/contact/map-location

 

my email is kirsty@kirstyscounting.com if you want to get in touch before hand.

 

Hope to ee you there.

 

next years dates :

dates for 2020

Tuesday 4th February

Tuesday 7th April

Tuesday 2nd June

miss out August

Tuesday 8th Sept 

Miss out Oct / Nov due to Summit
Dec date TBC

  • Student
  • 1 post
  • # 118319

Hi There,

I am interested in attending the local branch events, do you have an agenda for all future dates as yet please?

Kind Regards,

Andy

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 65 posts
  • # 118321

Hi Andy

Thanks for getting in touch - you will be very welcome !

 

Join us for the first Branch Meeting of 2020 where Robin Abbi, founder of Bmbix software will give a presentation on ways to automate and streamline the administration process in business and practice, saving you both time and money. 

We will also discuss how using software is an investment rather than a cost.  


Location : in March, Cambridgeshire 

The Oliver Cromwell Hotel,
High Street,
March,
Cambridgeshire,
PE15 9LH

Future Meeting dates for 2020: 

Tuesday 7th April – Stephen Hardwick – Director of AML Compliance  

Tuesday 2nd June 

Tuesday 8th September 

I look forward to seeing you there.

Kind regards,

Kirsty St John

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner
loading