First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Ceasing self employment

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 2 posts
  • # 115945

Hi, an elderly friend has asked me if he can tell HMRC in writing that he has closed his business. He doesn't use the internet.

I've printed him off the online form. We don't want to go through the hoops for appointing me as his official advisor unless that is unavoidable.



  • Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 417 posts
  • # 115946

Hi Linda

Can you not go on the internet for him?

Invite him to you, get him to use his details to log in and complete the online forms and you sit by to guide him.

That way he is doing all the work and you do not have to jump through hoops to become his official agent just to have him close his account.

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last