First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

DBS

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 27 posts
  • # 116844

Hi all, I'm probably just being dim but I can't see how to submit a copy of my

DBS certificate online. Where do I find the secure portal?

  • Companion Fellow
  • Practice Licence
  • 47 posts
  • # 116845

Sue R said:

Hi all, I'm probably just being dim but I can't see how to submit a copy of my

DBS certificate online. Where do I find the secure portal?


 Hi Sue

I just rang them - it is well hidden!  Go to MyICB, then Account Settings, then My Pactice details and follow through from there.

 

Sylvia Bourhill

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 10 posts
  • # 116849

Another42 said:

Sue R said:

Hi all, I'm probably just being dim but I can't see how to submit a copy of my

DBS certificate online. Where do I find the secure portal?


 Hi Sue

I just rang them - it is well hidden!  Go to MyICB, then Account Settings, then My Pactice details and follow through from there.

 

Sylvia Bourhill


 Hi Sylvia,

I uploaded the certificate but it disappeared after saving!

 

'Femi Oladokun

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 29 posts
  • # 116851

Hi

Just had it confirmed by ICB that once you have uploaded your DBS basic check certification, and you have received the message thet the file was uploaded successfully, all you need to do is click on the save button (the file will disappear and you will never see it again!).

Then click on confirm details to confirm that you have updated your details.

Once this has been done the file is securely sent to the ICB and will be checked and included in your personal file. If there are any issues you will be contacted.

Kind regards

Gordon

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 27 posts
  • # 116852

T

 

Thanks everyone - just tried it but now getting a 404 'page does not exist' error when I click on Account Settings. Grrr.

 

Update - it worked when I went through the link in the email that arrived about twenty minutes ago.



Edited at 21 Jun 2018 01:43 PM GMT

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 14 posts
  • # 116853

I'm getting the same message.  It was working alright this morning.

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 5 posts
  • # 116854

Sue R said:

Hi all, I'm probably just being dim but I can't see how to submit a copy of my

DBS certificate online. Where do I find the secure portal?


 Hi,  You need to make sure that you have https:// as the header for the URL not just http:// so in the address bar www.bookkeepers.org.uk needs to be preceded by https:// and you should get a padlock icon to show the site is secure.  The main site seems to work with both.  Does that make sense?

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 5 posts
  • # 116855

MailAssoc said:

Sue R said:

Hi all, I'm probably just being dim but I can't see how to submit a copy of my

DBS certificate online. Where do I find the secure portal?


 Hi,  You need to make sure that you have https:// as the header for the URL not just http:// so in the address bar www.bookkeepers.org.uk needs to be preceded by https:// and you should get a padlock icon to show the site is secure.  The main site seems to work with both.  Does that make sense?


https://www.bookkeepers.org.uk/

Edited at 21 Jun 2018 03:16 PM GMT

Edited at 21 Jun 2018 03:17 PM GMT

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 10 posts
  • # 116856

Gordon said:

Hi

Just had it confirmed by ICB that once you have uploaded your DBS basic check certification, and you have received the message thet the file was uploaded successfully, all you need to do is click on the save button (the file will disappear and you will never see it again!).

Then click on confirm details to confirm that you have updated your details.

Once this has been done the file is securely sent to the ICB and will be checked and included in your personal file. If there are any issues you will be contacted.

Kind regards

Gordon


 Thank you Gordon. I was suprised that the file disappeared and I did not confirm. It's all done now!

Regards,

'Femi.



Edited at 21 Jun 2018 08:00 PM GMT

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 10 posts
  • # 116857

Sue R said:

T

 

Thanks everyone - just tried it but now getting a 404 'page does not exist' error when I click on Account Settings. Grrr.

 

Update - it worked when I went through the link in the email that arrived about twenty minutes ago.



Edited at 21 Jun 2018 01:43 PM GMT

 That's true, the email has resolved the issue.

 

'Femi.

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 10 posts
  • # 116867

Hi

 

I have received my DBS certificate and wondered how you upload the file onto the ICB members page.  I found the right place to do the upload but wondered if it needs scanning???

Thanks in advance for any advice.

  • Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 208 posts
  • # 116868

Ebby1212 said:

Hi

 

I have received my DBS certificate and wondered how you upload the file onto the ICB members page.  I found the right place to do the upload but wondered if it needs scanning???

Thanks in advance for any advice.


 Yes you need to scan it and upload.

The ICB link for uploading is broken. I have to say ICB website is really shabby, and often breaks in critical areas.

NOTE to ICB, your Site is not secure (especially the login) - in this age of GDPR it's really not very professional and worse unsafe.

Login page should always be HTTPS://

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 12 posts
  • # 116869

I too just had difficulty accessing the account settings to upoad the file. I opened a separate TAB and typed the link for the Account-Settings in manually and got in.

May be of some help for others!

  • Companion Fellow
  • Practice Licence
  • 1126 posts
  • # 116870

Hi 

I hope this helps.  I received this email for ICB on the 21st June 2018 I assume everyone else did. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________



You can now upload your basic disclosure certificate(s) via your Account Settings page on MyICB. If your practice has an MLRO who is not you, they can also upload your practice’s disclosure certificates in this way.

Once your certificate(s) have been uploaded and the details of your BOOMs, staff and subcontractors are updated and correct on MyICB, please ensure you click the CONFIRM button.

Here’s how you do it:

  • Log in to MyICB Account Settings online by clicking on the link below:

https://www.bookkeepers.org.uk/MyICB/Account-Settings

  • Select MyPractice Details
  • Click Edit next to the names listed in the section titled Team: BOOMs, Staff, Subcontractors
  • Select any BOOM boxes that apply
  • Upload the basic disclosure certificate and click Save

Please note you will see an onscreen confirmation that your document has been uploaded but you will not be able to view the document afterwards.

  • Click ADD NEW to enter the details of any new BOOMs, Staff and Subcontractors

If you Add New, you will need to save the form and then go back in by clicking edit to upload the certificate. 

  • Click CONFIRM to submit

When you have finished adding all the necessary details and certificates, click 'Confirm' at the bottom of your Team list on MyPractice Details, to confirm that all the details have been updated.

If you have more than one BOOM, people working for you, or would like further guidance, please see our help resources here:

How to upload BOOMs (with screenshots)

For more information on the requirement for basic disclosure certificates and BOOM Guidance FAQs, please visit:

> Fitness and Propriety

Yours sincerely,

Georgia Wilton
Compliance Department

 

Institute of Certified Bookkeepers

Telephone: +44 (0) 203 405 4000
www.bookkeepers.org.uk

Follow ICBUK on Twitter

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 34 posts
  • # 116872

I think the link is down again - keep getting the page 404 error message!!

  • Member PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 18 posts
  • # 116875

tiddles said:

I think the link is down again - keep getting the page 404 error message!!


Hi Tiddles Try putting https:// instead of http://. See other posts confirming this problem below. I told ICB months ago in several different ways, that parts of the ICB website are still insecure. Apparently some of the old insecure pages are still linked into the new secure site. Surprized they are still there. You could just log in to your icb account and follow the links from there (make sure you are using the https:// pages!!)

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
loading