First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

Bookkeeping for a Pub

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 1 post
  • # 117751

Hello Everyone

I am hoping to gain my first pub as a client in the next few days.  I am currently reading into the legal requirements regarding bookkeeping and pubs.  Their is a lot that needs to be completed regarding complying with various licences.  So I am compiling myself a checklist.  Outside of everyday bookkeeping activities I need to look into:


Assisting with bookkeeping entries for payroll.

VAT on sales of food, drinks, snacks, and bizzarely condoms.

Machine Games Duty.

Should I be looking at other areas too?  Any help from experienced Pub bookkeepers would really be welcome as it's quite overwhelming.


Thank you for reading.



  • Affiliate
  • Practice Licence
  • 216 posts
  • # 117754

This isn't exactly what you've asked but, I'm wondering if you've seen the templates in the Templates & Downloads section of the website? There's four that might be useful.

You can access them here (you'll need to log in):

PL Tronc Template

Simple Drink Stock record

Drink Stock Movement

Pub Revenue Sheet

  • Member
  • Practice Licence
  • 2 posts
  • # 117756

Hello Steve


I am in the exact same boat so happy to share as I go along. The templates are a help thank you.

Sorry no use for now but will post as and when I have something useful.


First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last