I wonder if I could get some help on a problem faced by a friend in employment?
- The accountant is running the payroll
- He works for a new business so there is no payroll in previous years.
- The employees were paid in March, but the accountant didn't submit the RTI before 19th March so is telling the company that there is no eligibility for furlough.
- Tax/NI has been deducted from the pay but there is no evidence and no P60's have been provided
- The accountant has tried to submit more payroll information and backdated it, but HMRC now see that the employees were paid in April and May and the employees are now saying this has stopped their universal credit.
I hope this makes sense to someone a little more qualified in payroll than me.
What can I advise this friend moving forward?
Thank you in advance to all who help