First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

BA5 Mock/Exam Issues

• Member PM.Dip
  • 20 posts
  • # 114975

Hello All,

This morning I sata BA5 mock which was straight forward and took only 15 minutes so I thought I'd done enough work, knew my stuff etc so I'd dive into the real exam and get on with the next exam....

Only to find the real exam was COMPLETELY different to the mock in both format and content, a 24% question on TB/Adjustments was added that didnt even exist in the mock - if it had of done I'd have brushed up and ensured I was on point with it all. Anyway, I failed by a couple of percent.

Anyone else had this problem, were ICB helpful? I don't see how they can take my money or why I should pay for a mock that doesn't even resemble the live exam. If anything I'd pehaps had passed if I hadn't sat the mock because I'd have studied for longer rather than assuming that the mock was at least a close resemblence to the real thing.

A waste of £36 pounds and £10 for the mock which I am NOT very happy about.

Liam

• 33 posts
  • # 114976

Hi Liam

There are 2 mocks available for BA5 ,I did them both - one was really easy, the other was more difficult. The more difficult of the two was very reflective of the actual exam, as was T/Link's mock. I know it' s not much of a consolation but give the second mock a go before booking your resit. I got 100% for BA5 and going over the mocks really helped. Mocks are allocated randomly so it's just luck of the draw which you get first. Always do both mocks it's worth extra tenner - I did for BA 5, 6 and 7 and was definitely worth it.

Best of luck with your studies

Trish

• Member PM.Dip
  • 20 posts
  • # 114977

Gravelpit said:

Hi Liam

There are 2 mocks available for BA5 ,I did them both - one was really easy, the other was more difficult. The more difficult of the two was very reflective of the actual exam, as was T/Link's mock. I know it' s not much of a consolation but give the second mock a go before booking your resit. I got 100% for BA5 and going over the mocks really helped. Mocks are allocated randomly so it's just luck of the draw which you get first. Always do both mocks it's worth extra tenner - I did for BA 5, 6 and 7 and was definitely worth it.

Best of luck with your studies

Trish

Hello Trish,

Thanks - I guess it's reassuring to know that the second mock reflects the exam a little better. However, I do feel that ICB need to take down the easy mock as surely this is just guiding candidates into failing the actual exam and wasting money in the process. I am not asking ICB to put up carbon copies but surely they both need to relfect the real exam - the long and the short of it is, if I had gotten the "real" mock then i'd have passed the exam and saved myself the cost of paying for the second mock and the resit.

Tesco couldn't sell you a mars bar adversting it helps you lose weight when it doesn't so why should ICB sell you a mock designed to help you pass the exam when it doesn't - it infact makes you more likely to fail! 

Let this be a warning to anyone reading this - if you get a BA5 mock and it's easy be warned it's nothing like the actual exam. I guess you could just always buy a second mock but this is more money going into ICB on the back of their own short comings.

I will also contacting ICB regarding this as the mock really IS that easy compared to the real exam that it's laughable - it needs to be replaced. That said, I have never come across anything like this in any other mock/exam so let's hope it's an isolated incident.

Liam

• 33 posts
  • # 114978

Hi Liam

I totally agree with you that in principle the mock we are referring to doesn't  reflect the exam we sat - probably same one as I did mine in Feb. There are 3 actual exams in circulation hence 2 resits allowed if needed and I can only assume they too are allocated randomly so maybe one of those formats is similar to the 'easy' mock..

Sorry you've had mare with this one - you dont need to worry about BA6/7 mocks, no issues at all.

Kind Regards 

Trish

• Member PM.Dip
  • 20 posts
  • # 114979

Gravelpit said:

Hi Liam

I totally agree with you that in principle the mock we are referring to doesn't  reflect the exam we sat - probably same one as I did mine in Feb. There are 3 actual exams in circulation hence 2 resits allowed if needed and I can only assume they too are allocated randomly so maybe one of those formats is similar to the 'easy' mock..

Sorry you've had mare with this one - you dont need to worry about BA6/7 mocks, no issues at all.

Kind Regards 

Trish

Thanks Trish!

That's reassuring at least, I have just downloaded the other mock and about to do it now - had a breif look and it does look a lot more similar. I wont have any problems passing it second time around. Just veryannoying and doesn't sit will with me on the principle of it alone!

Look forward to moving on to BA6/7 and *hopefully* wont have any more issues like this!

Liam

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last
bottomBanner