First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last

SA Expenses

  • Fellow PM.Dip
  • Practice Licence
  • 413 posts
  • # 115567

Hi All

I don't know if this particular subject has ever come up on the forum, although there was something similar.

I have a client who has asked a rather intriguing question. He now lives in Belfast and is a freelance radio broadcaster and journalist. He has had offers from a couple of radio stations but need to speek fluent gaelic and will be taking a course at the local Uni.

The question he has asked is: 'Would this be tax deductible?'

Now, like clothing, I believe this would be a 'grey area' whereby he needs to speak the language for the jobs, but he could also use it in a non-working environment.

Your thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Edited at 28 Aug 2017 03:35 PM GMT

First Previous - Page 1 of 1 - Next Last