Forum Use General Guidance
The ICB Forum rules are intended to facilitate a welcoming atmosphere where users can exercise free speech balanced by common courtesy and common sense. We encourage users to take advantage of the forum and, by contributing, to develop its usefulness as a resource.
The rules outline what we think is acceptable behaviour and it is important that you read them carefully. Our terms and conditions are the rules governing your participation in the ICB Forum including in particular any comments, username, links, or images you submit to the Forum ("Content"). In these terms, "Our", "we" or "us" means the ICB, a company registered in England No.3274864.
To contribute to the ICB Forum you may have to register online unless already registered as a Student or Member. All users are required to set up a username and are not required to reveal their real name when using the forum. Despite this, it is forbidden for users to represent themselves as another person.
Forum Acceptable Use Rules
- Users are not permitted to represent themselves as another person but can use the site without revealing their real name to the public.
- The ICB Forum is restricted to users who are 18 years old or over. By using the ICB Forum, you are confirming that you are 18 years or over. We reserve the right to verify your age.
- The views and opinions expressed on the forum do not represent the views and opinions of ICB.
- Users must not submit any content which breaches these conditions in any way and in particular that which is designed to offend, uses expletives, is malicious, profane, pornographic, discriminatory, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory of any person or entity, breaks any law, solicits business, infringes the privacy or rights of an individual or entity, or is offensive in the ICB's opinion.
- Users must not submit any content which refers to, or reproduces, examination questions past or present, with the exception of practice questions currently in circulation as 'Mock Papers' and available as such directly from ICB.
- By participating in any discussion, you undertake to indemnify ICB and its members against any liability arising from any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement, or any advice published by you on this site and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including without limitation fines and expenses arising out of or incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such advice or actionable statements.
- Discussion Moderators are available to help you get the most out of participating in online discussions and to ensure that these rules are observed. Moderators cannot take responsibility for monitoring all content and ICB reserves the right to remove items submitted.
- Any information provided to you in private must not be published to a public discussion group without the prior consent of the person who provided it. Any contact information you may be granted access to on the site should remain within it and not used for any other external purposes without express permission. Any unauthorised attempt to extract or expose personal information for use outside of the ICB Forum will be subject to disciplinary procedures.
- Advertising will only be accepted when operated by or approved through ICB. A fee will be charged for this service. Any advertisement post without approval of ICB will be removed immediately and will be charged at double the normal rate card rate.
- Complaints about a breach of these Rules, or any content which you feel to be offensive, should be made to ICB directly.
- Your access to this site is granted to you as an individual and your login details should be treated as strictly private and confidential. It is a disciplinary offence to share your access details with other users. Should you suspect that your account is being used by another person, you should change your password immediately and contact ICB.
- We reserve the right to restrict your access, delete any contribution, or take action against any account at any time for any reason.
- We reserve the right to report any content which is believed to be illegal.
- Users retain the right to use their own content, however, by submitting such content to the ICB Forum you agree to grant ICB indefinite, royalty-free and irrevocable rights to reproduce your content and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Content worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your Content as we may require. By submitting or making available any Content to the Forum, you also agree to waive all moral rights in that Content. We may (without notice to you) grant the same or other rights in respect of your Content to third parties without payment to you and sell, distribute or otherwise publish your Content outside of the Forum.
- We reserve the right to make changes to these rules at any time without prior notice.