We want you to be happy with your purchase. Under the terms of the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel an order of merchandise items within seven working days beginning on the day after your item is delivered.
If you wish to cancel your merchandise order you will be required to return the item to us within seven working days of the item's delivery to you. You will be responsible for the return postage costs. Once the item has been returned to ICB in an unused and saleable condition, you will receive a refund of the price you paid for the item.
Application fees, Membership Fees and Examination fees are non-refundable including membership fees and student registration fees, Practice Licence fees and the Application Fee.
Please note that we are unable to accept cancellations or offer refunds on any digital items once the download link has been emailed.
Paying your subscription and membership fees
Subscription and membership fees are payable each year by the due date unless written confirmation of intent to cease subscription payments, and thus resign, is received at least one month prior to the due date.
ICB reserves the right to charge the annual renewal fee or a reinstatement fee for any subscription/membership fees not paid in full by the due date.
All members are governed by the ICB Professional Conduct Regulations, and by purchasing membership you are agreeing to abide by these regulations.
Secure membership items such as Student Cards, Membership Cards and Certificates, Practice Licences and Qualification Certificates undergo various checks and may take up to 28 days to be dispatched following an order.
Textbooks and merchandise items are dispatched on a weekly basis.
Most home-based examinations are available immediately upon ordering with the exception of examinations sent by post for which you will be asked to nominate a date for dispatching by 1st Class Post.
Royal Mail 2nd Class postage to UK mainland is always included unless otherwise specified. For overseas deliveries or Special Delivery please contact ICB on 0203 405 4000 to ascertain postage charges and delivery estimates.
Once ICB records that a secure membership item has been dispatched, it becomes the responsibility of the customer. Certificates are legal documents; they can be replaced for a fee and will be marked Copy for security purposes. Please contact ICB on 0203 405 4000 if you believe an item has been lost in the post.
Any examinations submitted to ICB by post but not received, will be rendered null and void unless a certificate of posting has been retained by the candidate. In this instance the candidate will have the opportunity to retake the examination free of charge. ICB would advise that examinations and other important correspondence be sent by Recorded/Special Delivery where possible.
Postal examinations are always dispatched by 1st Class Mail on the date of your specifying and should be received within two days of this date. Contact ICB immediately if you do not receive your postal examination as requested or you may liable to pay for any future attempts.
By booking an event ticket you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of sale specified herein and any other provision as may be specified from time to time by ICB, or the venue owner. ICB / Venue Owner, their agents or employees shall not be liable for any death, personal injury (unless caused by negligence of ICB / Venue Owner or its agents and employees), loss, damage, however caused, while in the venue nor are they liable for any complaints, claims, refunds, or exchange for any reason, including without limitation, cancellation or postponement of the event.
Tickets are sold subject to the following conditions:
- Once a sale is completed, no exchange of tickets will be made. No refunds will be made within 28 days of the event, except pursuant to event postponement or cancellation and at ICB's discretion.
- ICB reserves the right, without refund or compensation, to refuse admission or evict any person(s) on any grounds including without limitation any person/s whose conduct is disorderly or inappropriate.
- ICB may add, withdraw or substitute agenda items and schedule, and/or vary advertised speakers, programmes, event times, seating arrangements, audience capacity without prior notice.
- The views and opinions expressed by speakers or sponsors or anyone involved in the event are not representative of ICB
- Although we will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that guests with food allergies and intolerances will not come into contact with foodstuffs that may cause a reaction, we are unable to guarantee that any ICB event is “completely free of allergens”.
- We respect your data. Protecting your personal privacy is very important to ICB. Any personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- We will use your personal data to deliver your event services (including webinars, the Inspire Tour, the Bookkeepers Summit, training and dinners) incorporating; administration (pre, post and during the event), communications, invoicing & payment, delegate lists, CPD reporting, post-event feedback, quality, research and voting.
- In order to meet our event obligations we may share relevant personal data with speakers, venues, virtual venues, trainers, organisers, fulfillment companies, finance partners, connected communities, branches, councils, and external delivery partners.
- For more information about our data protection policy please visit: https://www.bookkeepers.org.uk/Contact-Us/Privacy-Policy
- When you take part in any of the activities of sponsors/exhibitors including attending sessions, visiting exhibitor booths, entering competitions, they will receive your details including name, company name, email address, telephone number and postcode. By taking part you are agreeing to your details being used by the exhibitor/sponsor for marketing purposes. If you do not want to give your contact details to an exhibitor/sponsor then do not take part in their activities. You may also control what data you share by updating your profile.