We are committed to the fair treatment of students & can make changes to the examination procedure to compensate for identified disadvantage.
ICB recognises that there are sometimes circumstances beyond the control of the student that may have an impact on their level of ability whilst undertaking assessment. ICB endeavours to put in place suitable considerations and/or adjustments to compensate for any identified potential disadvantage.
Special Consideration can usually be requested for reasons falling within these two main categories:
1. accident, sudden illness on the day of the assessment, family bereavement, travel delays, adverse weather conditions
2. disruption within the assessment venue
- Students will be asked to provide documented evidence (e.g. medical certificate) to support their request and are required to complete the Reasonable Adjustment/Special Consideration Form (RASC) available by request from ICB. If the special consideration is being requested due to disruption within the assessment venue then evidence will be requested from the venue where the assessment took place.
Reasonable Adjustments can usually be requested for reasons falling within these two main categories:
1. permanent or long-term disability, illness or special educational needs
2. temporary disability, illness or indisposition
ICB intends to ensure reasonable and fair access to its assessments and in so doing, intends to provide all students with any reasonable assistance they may require to complete their examinations. Students who feel their circumstances merit assistance are strongly encouraged to make contact with ICB at least one month prior to booking their examination. Students will be asked to provide documented evidence (e.g. a medical certificate) to support their request and are required to complete the Reasonable Adjustment/Special Consideration Form (RASC) available by request from ICB.
ICB Policy: Special Considerations & Reasonable Adjustments
Please call ICB on 0203 405 4000 to request a RASC Form.
Advice on running your own bookkeeping business and information on ICB's Practice Licence scheme.
Professional status, global recognition, support, exclusive discounts, and the kinship of the world’s biggest bookkeeper community.
If we are unable to award exemptions based on your qualification or experience, you can take our examinations to gain membership.
If you are an experienced bookkeeper or have comparable qualifications, you may be able to gain an exemption from ICB examinations.